At RCJ Excavations, we do more than dig — we can help build, too, at least in terms of retaining walls. Our skills in this area are as extensive as our knowledge of the stable of earthmoving equipment we maintain. When is it a good idea to invest the funds to create a new retaining wall?
Here are a few of the signs that say the time is right:
If you find yourself on a hilly terrain, it can be difficult to enjoy your garden to its full extent, but that’s a problem for the past because, with a retaining wall, you’ll be able to make the space more functional. Most people think that retaining walls are only there to prevent floods and soil erosion. While they are used for those very purposes, that’s not the only reason why they’re so wonderful. They offer you the chance to have your garden be multi-functional. Giving you more space to grow gardens.· Having a retaining wall on the Central Coast will add a touch of creativity to your garden. By adding curvature and different sizes to your garden, you’ll create an aesthetically appealing garden for yourself and your family.· They are available in different shapes and sizes allowing you to explore different ways to incorporate them into your garden.For those people who don’t want the stones and blocks customised, we at RCJ are also very experienced in many other styles of retaining options. Enquire with us today to find out more.
Learn More About Sandstone Retaining Walls
Sandstone retaining walls have become a common feature in civil and residential landscaping projects. Building retaining walls using sandstone doesn’t have to stop at landscaping; what many people don’t realise is that these stones can easily be cut into any shape desired to be used for the foundation for houses and buildings. Giving them the ability to cross between civil, commercial, and residential construction.
With sandstone, we’ll be able to create unique, bespoke retaining walls that will stand the test of time because of their durability. Sandstone also offers the ability to be 100% customisable in size, colour, texture, dimension, and finish giving you something special as well as being beautiful all the while.
The benefit of Concrete Block Retaining Walls
When you decide to upgrade your garden, the best way to go about it is by retaining wall construction. There are numerous benefits to having a retaining wall be part of your landscaping project. Having a retaining wall will add an attractive element to your garden; you can also have one placed in a mosaic formation to create a unique style. There are endless options to upgrade your garden to fit everything around your taste.
· If you do find yourself in a flood-prone area, a retaining wall can assist in protecting your home and overall property from any damage flooding can cause.
· Setting up a retaining wall can also be a useful property boundary marker to ensure that your neighbours know where their property ends.
· Soil erosion can become a massive problem thanks to the wind, floods, and your neighbours overwatering their garden causing unnecessary water to run into your landscaping. Build a retaining wall to stop soil erosion from occurring and protect your property from any damage soil erosion can cause.
· Having retaining walls means you’ll be able to make better use of your garden space, creating separate areas for your plants and trees. Also, with a properly set up retaining wall, you’ll be able to reduce any potential damage and also save money on any unnecessary maintenance. If that’s not beneficial enough, you’ll also be able to increase the value of your property.
Different Uses for Sandstone Retaining Wall Blocks
You don’t have to use sandstone retaining walls in the Central Coast for that one purpose. There are numerous ways in which sandstone can be used, as it has excellent strength and durability, which is why when using it for exterior floors, you’ll be left with something appealing available in different patterns and colours.
· placing sandstone on the outdoor patio area will bring in warmth thanks to the ability to soak up the sun warming the tiles for those cold days. If you’re looking for something to wrap around your pool, you can’t go wrong with sandstone because of its anti-skid and water-resistant properties; you won’t have to worry about any incidents happening.
· The same properties that will protect the people when using the pool will protect them while walking on your beautiful sandstone walkway. It will also deliver an eye-catching characteristic to your landscaping, or you’d like to spread them apart and create stepping stones. Lastly, even though this material is highly durable, it’s also relatively soft, making sandstone the ideal material to create magnificent sculptures.